Frequently Asked Questions


Which types of insurance cover injury/damage caused by terrorism ?

The following insurance types must include coverage for injury/damage caused by terrorism:

  • workmen’s compensation insurance;
  • TPL motor vehicle insurance (civil liability only, not comprehensive (omnium) insurance);
  • civil liability fire and explosion insurance for establishments habitually accessible to the public;
  • fire insurance for simple risks (esp. homes);
  • accident insurance;
  • health insurance;
  • life insurance.

All other insurance types include coverage of injury/damage caused by terrorism, unless such coverage has been explicitly excluded in the general terms and conditions of the policy.

Go back to the Questions

ASBL/VZW TRIP - Terrorism Reinsurance & Insurance Pool - de Meeûssquare / Square de Meeûs, 29 - 1000 Brussels - Belgium Privacy Notice TRIP - March 2020